Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Simple Vinaigrette

This is my go-to salad dressing recipe. We dip our steamed artichokes in it, pour it over steamed asparagus, and dress traditional green salads with it. Last night, however, Abby drizzled it on left-over pasta and I was reminded how good it tastes in pasta salads as well.


Simple Vinaigrette

6 Tbsp. canola oil
4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2-1 tsp. Grey Poupon mustard
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1 clove garlic, crushed
pinch of sugar (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk together in a bowl (or a blender) and pour over prepared salad or vegetables.

Julie's Notes: I usually don't measure anything but the oil and vinegar, but I gave my best approximation.

Cast Party Wednesday  Nap-Time Creations

3 comments:

  1. Does this keep for a while?

    I have all of the ingredients on hand -- except for the Mustard. I am going to try this soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the name of your blog! I am a salad lover! Came over from Shine your light! Would love for you to link up at my food party: Tasty Tuesdays! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2012/05/orange-bread-and-tasty-tuesday-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesday at Nap-Time Creations. You will be featured at this weeks party!! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/

    ReplyDelete