Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Balsamic Vinaigrette

To me, a great dressing makes a great salad, and this one definitely does the job. When my sister was in town I served it with our traditional tossed green salad, and she requested that I post it on this blog. (Renee, this one's for you.)


Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup olive oil

Whisk together first 6 ingredients until blended. Gradually whisk in olive oil.

Julie's Notes: The original recipe calls for 1 cup olive oil, but I like my dressings a bit tangier so I use less oil. It also calls for 2 small shallots (minced) which would be a nice addition, but I don't always have them in my pantry so I left them out this time.

4 comments:

  1. Julie, I'm off to the store this morning and will definitely pick up some shallots and make this dressing tonight!
    Your food photos are really lovely by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, your food photos are very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I love all your salad recipes! I´m definitely trying them! Thanks for sharing!!!And I´m also a new follower!
    Have a great weekend!

    Hug´s,
    Verena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did I just find this blog now? Better late than never! Thanks for the simple dressing recipe!

    ReplyDelete