Monday, June 9, 2014

Pasta Salad

It's a shame this salad doesn't have a name other than the generic "pasta salad" because it is a good one and perfect for summer. What makes it unique to me is the marinated artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and the balsamic vinaigrette. I found the recipe here.
Pasta Salad

16 ounces rotini pasta, cooked and drained
3 ounces (large handful) fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
10 ounces grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup (or more) sun dried tomatoes, chopped
4 ounces feta cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
14 ounce can of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
optional: thinly sliced red onion or cucumber chunks (I like adding the cucumber.)

Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil (I used less.)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, chopped
juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl, add the cooked, drained, and cooled pasta, sun dried tomatoes, grape tomatoes, spinach, basil, artichokes, feta and mozzarella cheese. Mix well.

Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and lemon juice well and pour over salad.

Toss and chill before serving. Serves about eight.

3 comments:

  1. Woah! That looks delicious! (Minus the mozzarella, of course :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I just bought a basil plant and need ways to use my basil. I'm excited to try this!

    ReplyDelete